This past weekend I attended Infocamp Seattle, an “unconference” presented by ASIS&T and the UW’s ischool. An “unconference” simply means that there are no planned events throughout the day – the participants are the presenters. Topics ranged from UX to using drupal to build a website to re-imagining the Reference Desks of the Future. I even hosted a discussion about Accessibility for those people with print disabilities — since I’m new, but have some insight after completing a Literature Review/Poster for Accessibility, I can share the basics of what I know, and, even better, I can get feedback from Accessibility Professionals and learn from them! Eura from WTBBL and Raymona from the Alliance of People with Disabilities both added much to the discussions. It was a good meeting, amidst two days of events that really helped broaden my knowledge base. Thanks, Infocamp Organizers!
QR Code: Learn about me
Kelli’s Twitter FeedTweets by Ke_Br
Tech News from the Assoc. for Computing Machinery
- With Electronics in His Brain, Spine, Paralyzed Man Takes a Stride
- Europe's First 3D-Printed School Takes Shape in Ukraine
- A Boost for the Quantum Internet
- AI Identifies Similar Materials in Images
- America's Semiconductor Boom Faces Challenge: Not Enough Workers
- 'Attacker' Device to Improve Autonomous Car Safety
- Alternative Could Stay on Target if GPS Fails
- Underwater Robot Deployed to Aid Endangered Right Whales Off Georgia Coast
- Patterns of Brain Activity Accurately Predict Tongue Shape While Feeding
- Ethereum Closes Security Hole with Energy-Saving Update
My Pinterest Food board (http://pinterest.com/kellibkelli/)
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- SearchResearch on a podcast--"The Informed Life"--Listen now
- Taking a bit of a break...
- Answer: How well do LLMs answer SRS questions?
- Comment: LLMs, truth, and consistency--they don't have any idea
- Comment: How well do LLMs answer SRS questions?
- SearchResearch Challenge (4/19/23): How well do LLMs answer SRS questions?
- Answer: What's this architecture all about?
- SearchResearch Challenge (4/5/23): What's this architecture all about?
- An LLM doesn't know its own mind about using multiple languages
- When you ask an LLM a silly question...
- Recommended debut Sci-Fi novel: “Lightless” by C. A. Higgins
- That All May Read: What IS a print disability? An answer + resources
- Ian Caldwell’s “The Fifth Gospel” — an excellent and riveting thriller
- “Princess Academy: The Forgotten Sisters” — another excellent YA adventure from Shannon Hale
- Book suggestions from TechRepublic — 7 Leadership titles to read in 2015
- December 2015
- May 2015
- January 2015
- November 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- December 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- June 2011
- December 2010
- February 2010
- January 2010
- April 2009
- March 2009
- February 2009
- January 2009